THE JUGGLING ACT: Work and Family Life
Time is a valuable commodity, especially when your days are filled with property showings, listing appointments and presentations, prospecting for new business, following up on pending contracts, and contacting existing clients. Not to mention the need to pay bills, attend weekly sales meetings, field phone calls, plus much more. With this deluge of activity, sometimes our most important asset, FAMILY, gets placed on the back burner.
So how do you juggle family and work responsibilities in your fast-paced life? Here are five ways to bring balance into your life:
- Put your family first.Regardless of what else comes our way on a daily basis, you need to make time for your family, the No. 1 priority.
- It’s your schedule (not your clients’)One of the great values of being in the real estate business is the ability to be flexible with your own hours. Don’t be afraid to tell a client or a customer that you have a commitment on this day or at that time. If it’s a school choir concert or a Little League ballgame, that is a commitment on your schedule, and you should try and arrange another time to work with the customer.
- Plan your day in advance.Planning your day allows you to create a road map for the day’s work and helps you avoid wasting many productive minutes throughout the day. Make sure your planning includes time with your spouse and family. It’s also important that you take your planning to another level: planning your week in advance.
- Exercise each day.Feeling good about your health will produce a new outlook on your life and provide you with more energy. Not only will the exercise provide more vigor, it will keep you in good health to enjoy your family for a long time.
- Turn off your mobile phone from time to time.Don’t be afraid to turn off your mobile phone when spending time or eating a meal with your family. Society has become so “wired” with portable devices and communication aids that you often use your equipment without noticing how disruptive it can be to a family outing.
If none of the above calms your meticulous side then here’s a suggestion.
REAL ESTATE VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS FROM SUMMIT VA SOLUTIONS.
We are a US Based company that provides College Educated, Background Checked and DISC Tested professionals who are given 160 hours of extensive Real Estate Training that is geared towards understanding the end-to-end of Real Estate operations.
Let us do the juggling so that you can stay focused on what you do best and have that quality time with family.
Let’s get acquainted!
About the writer: Shaura Cuyan writes about all the hottest Real Estate trends and predictions for Summit VA Solutions! She has previously written for a number of freelancing gigs and writes her own blog on lifestyle and current issues. She is a Graduate of Bachelor of Arts in Communication, taking up her Masters in Development Communication.